Hello, and welcome to the table of everlasting health, wellness, and longevity. When it comes to taking care of our bodies, only the best will do. The best of course come from the Super Food family. This family is head and shoulders above all other food families in every capacity. As a matter of fact, if there was a get together with all of the members from this food family I can guarantee the menu would feature tasty items like those I’m going to share with you now. celebrate your health every day, and make sure to include creations such as the following recipes made with this weeks Super Food. These have been selected from the pages of MrsToronto’s Super Food Cookbook.
4 cups cantaloupe, cut into chunks
juice from 2 lemons
optional 1/4 cup honey
1. Blend cantaloupe in a blender.
2. Add lemon juice and sugar.
3. Place in freezing trays and freeze until almost firm. Take out of freezer, place in a bowl, and beat with handheld mixer until smooth.
4. Return to trays and freeze until firm. Enjoy!
1/2 large, ripe cantaloupe
3/4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
3 tbsp scallions/green onions, finely chopped; white and green
juice from 1 lime
pinch of salt
hot pepper flakes to taste
1. Remove seeds and rind from cantaloupe. Cut cantaloupe into very small chunks. Place in bowl.
2. Add diced red pepper, cilantro, scallions, and lime juice. Stir. Add pinch of salt and pepper flakes. Chill.
Serve with grilled chicken, fish, or steaks. Enjoy!
2 cups cantaloupe, diced
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
1 fresh hot red or green chile pepper such as Serrano or Thai, minced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Toss together all ingredients, except for the feta cheese, in a bowl and let stand, covered. Chill for 10 minutes. Add crumbled feta cheese.
Great with grilled fish or chicken. Enjoy!
optional honey to taste
cayenne pepper to taste
1. Grill cantaloupe slices on 1 side until showing grill marks, about 3 minutes. Turn and grill for another minute.
2. Place grilled side up on platter.
3. Brush with honey; sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
Great as an accompaniment with a green salad or cut up with rounds of goat cheese. Enjoy!
This weeks recipes are exactly what is needed this time of year in order to add some life to the dog days of summer that are upon us. The combinations that cantaloupe can inspire are endless, but hopefully the above dishes are enough to freshen up the meals that are to come in the week ahead. Their simplicity and low maintenance will likely be enough to convince you that they are definitely worth the effort.
The next serving that will be offered from this corner of the internet will be none other than the Muscle feature. Mass and the theories as well as the methodologies that are used to encourage the growth of muscle tissue are always the subject that is discussed. I look forward to seeing you here tomorrow, but until then,
All the information contained within these World Wide Web Pages is Copyright MattToronto.com